jump to navigation

Arm Construction October 14, 2009

Posted by James in Uncategorized.
trackback

With the base complete we could now start on the arms which are the most difficult parts to build.  Because the larger GM station throws off our angles that we used for the other arms, we had to mount some bracing to the base so they could rest against it.

We added a solid piece of mahogany cut at an angle to each side where the arms would rest against the base.

We added a solid piece of mahogany cut at an angle to each side where the arms would rest against the base.

After building the arms we laid them out on the ground upside down to figure out how to mount them to the base.

After building the arms we laid them out on the ground upside down to figure out how to mount them to the base.

With everything upside down it was easy to visualize how it would all go together.

With everything upside down it was easy to visualize how it would all go together.

Originally we intended for the arms to be removable to make it easier to change the kegs in the kegerator at the center of the base.  This proved to be too difficult so we ended up just mounting them directly to the base.

Originally we intended for the arms to be removable to make it easier to change the kegs in the kegerator at the center of the base. This proved to be too difficult so we ended up just mounting them directly to the base.

Advertisements

Comments»

No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: